Monday, October 29, 2007

Three Day Weekend Recap

For us Nevadans this past weekend was a 3 day weekend commemorating the day Nevada gained it's statehood. It was fun having Daddy stay home from work on Friday.

Friday we saw The Nightmare Before Christmas in 3D! Loved it! Of course it is one of our all time favorite movies and it's even more fun in 3D with popcorn and a huge diet coke.


Saturday we woke up and hiked Lone Mountain. Carson and I stopped at the bench and took a break while Alan and Cole went to the top.


We had "linner" at Red Robin one of our family favorites. We like it there because it's noisy and so no one cares if our kids are noisy too, which they usually are.


I got a silly surprise present from my Mom and sister Gretchen. They are microfiber mop slippers. I'm always complaining about how dusty and icky my pergo flooring looks and they saw these at Bed Bath and Beyond and thought they would be the perfect solution to my problem. I have to admit they are fun to put on and slip and slide all over the floors. Plus I am pretty confident that these babies could definitely secure me a spot on What Not to Wear. Could you just see the horror on Stacey and Clinton's faces when they see me wearing mop shoes, lol.


And finally a Happy (belated) Birthday to my sister Gretchen or Aunt GG as the kiddos all call her, who turned 30-something on Sunday. Love ya! I still need you to teach me Soulja Boy.

8 comments:

Kristi said...

What a fun weekend, Nicole!!

The Frosts said...

Super fun weekend! I love the slippers and may have to invest in a pair myself. Your boys are so cute!

Lana said...

Fun! I've wanted to hike to the top of Lone Mountain just to say I did. You'll have to show me where the trail starts.

Cammie said...

What a great weekend. We love Red Robin too. It is a noisy mess. We saw the Nightmare Before Christmas this past weekend too. Cali loved it, and Carter thought it was OK. He mostly likes to crawl around on the floor and run up and down the stairs. Thank goodness for empty theaters and matinee movies.

Nice job on taking some time off Alan!!

Cammie said...

What a great weekend. We love Red Robin too. It is a noisy mess. We saw the Nightmare Before Christmas this past weekend too. Cali loved it, and Carter thought it was OK. He mostly likes to crawl around on the floor and run up and down the stairs. Thank goodness for empty theaters and matinee movies.

Nice job on taking some time off Alan!!

Jan Russell said...

I want Red Robin! and those slippers! lol. FUN weekend!

Anonymous said...

I'm very happy that you told the internet about your slippers. I'm a little scared of my picture, but at least you were kind enough to not use the ones you took at Michelle's birthday. I'm available to Soulja Boy from now until November 26th. You ain't ready!!! We had fun trick-or-treating "at houses" with you! Love ya!

Carin said...

Nicole I love the slippers but I am writting my letter to stacy and clinton right now ;) you always look fab I don't think the slippers will do you in.