Thursday, October 11, 2007

Pumpkin Patch



This morning I surprised the little guys with a trip to Gilcrease Orchard to pick pumpkins. I didn't tell them where we were going and when we got there Cole was super excited. It was hot and dusty and lots of fun. We found 6 pumpkins! They were a little picked over this year, you seriously have to get there like October first. I want to go back and get some apples and zucchinis too. Mmmm. On the way out we bought some yummy fresh apple cider and gulped it down, I knew I should have bought the gallon bottle (or 2). Just another excuse to go back. Also, we need to go again for photos; sadly the battery on my camera died and the pictures I did get were severely over-exposed. ( I haven't mastered my new lens' learning curve yet).

5 comments:

Jan Russell said...

Well, this picture looks pretty perfect to me - love those cute boys - what a sweet shot of them together with their pumpkin!

Helena said...

Does that mean you *got* six pumpkins or there were only six pumpkins left?

andrea said...

I agree--such a sweet shot. You have to love pumpkin patch visits in the desert...all the dust and heat is really so festive :0)

Cammie said...

Hello, all of your pictures look perfect. This one is no exception.

Lana said...

We tried going there on Saturday, but we arrived too late (didn't realize they closed at noon!) Guess we'll be going to the commercialized pumpkin "carnival" instead. I agree, all your pictures are perfect!