Sunday, October 7, 2007

Guess Who We Saw Last Night

Last night Alan and I got to go out on a grown up date. We went with Alan's two partners and their spouses to dinner at Gallagher's in the New York New York hotel and then we walked across the street to the MGM for the Andre Agassi Grand Slam For Children event. It was an awesome event/concert. We saw Matchbox 20, The Goo Goo Dolls, Kelly Clarkson, Tony Bennett, Hall and Oates and Santana. Also Jerry Seinfeld and George Wallace kept us in stitches with their hilarious comedy routines. The event raised 9.1 million dollars for Aggassi's foundation, which has done some amazing things for children and education.
Matchbox 20 rocks my world and who knew Rob Thomas was so funny? There was a hitch with the mic on his piano and he joked his way thru' what could have been really awkward, they should make it part of their act, lol. It was such a fun night! Too bad my poor baby cried almost the entire time we were gone, I'm sure we scared the babysitter away for good.

These guys rocked hard!


Holy Cow I LOVE this band!

6 comments:

Jenson Family said...

That sounds like soooo much fun! Of course, it's always fun just to get away from the kids for a night, no matter what you are doing! LOVE all the bands you saw!

Kristi said...

Wow, that is quite the line up! I bet it was awesome!

The Frosts said...

Hey Nicole! I'm so glad you posted a comment on my blog! How fun to get back in touch. I can't believe how big your boys are -- so cute and now you have TWO!! Your grown up date sounds SO fun! I love Matchbox 20/Rob T. so I'm way jealous. I'll email you that thing later today!!

Monique

Judy said...

How fun! I need a night out like that! I can't even remember the last concert I've been to.

Lana said...

lucky girl

Cammie said...

I hate your freakin' guts! OK, that was a lie. I could never hate you. But I am jealous on so many levels. One level being the fact that I've wanted to make sweet sweet love to Rob Thomas for years!