Friday, October 5, 2007

Nothing To Say and Another Yummy Recipe

So I guess I don't have anything to blog about this week. I haven't read any good books (I've been struggling thru' this months book club choice) and I haven't gone anywhere fun (sick kiddos and too much wind). But I have been into baking, just call me Betty Crocker, lol.
Yesterday I made another yummy pumpkin-y treat. Seriously, I'm obsessed with all things pumpkin right now, I hope this passes or I'm going to look like I have a pumpkin sized butt.
Anyways, I thought I'd share this recipe. It is so easy and so yummy. Enjoy!

Pumpkin Dump Cake
1 (15 oz) can pumpkin (plain pumpkin, not pumpkin filling)
1 (12 oz) can evaporated milk
3 large eggs
1 cup granulated sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 (18.25 oz) box yellow cake mix
1 stick of melted butter
1 c. chopped pecans (optional)
Cool Whip

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Spray 9×13 pan with cooking spray.
Combine pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar, salt and pumpkin pie spice in a large bowl, whisk until smooth. Pour into pan. Sprinkle cake mix evenly over the top. Pour butter over the cake mix, then sprinkle pecans all over the top. (I left off the nuts).
Bake for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown.
Cool and serve with cool whip (or I'm thinking vanilla ice cream would be awesome too).

Luckily I sent most of it home with my Mom so we didn't have to eat the whole pan.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yummy :) I've got a great pumpkin chocolit chip cookie recipe, if you're interested :)

andrea said...

I hate baking...but your recipes have me almost wanting to try (ummmm...almost). The pumpkin butt thing had me laughing outloud. If you ever need to rid yourself of more baked goods...I am less then 2 hours away ;0)

Helena said...

My husband doesn't like pumpkin, for some reason. We are pumpkin-less.

Jan Russell said...

I was cracking up imagining a pumpkin sized bum too - you are so funny Nicole!