Sunday, September 30, 2007

Recipe Share


It's that time of year when I want to bake, especially yummy pumpkin-y stuff. Thursday I made a batch of pumpkin chocolate chip bread and had a request for the recipe.

Harvest Pumpkin Bread
3 1/2 c. Flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
3 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp salt
3 c. sugar
1 c. oil
4 eggs
1/2 c. water
1 (15 oz) can pumpkin

Preheat to 350 degrees
Mix together flour, baking soda and powder, salt and pumpkin pie spice. Set dry ingredients aside. Beat together sugar, oil, eggs and pumpkin until smooth. Gradually add the flour mixture and alternate pouring in the water until everything is combined. Add chocolate chips or whatever sounds yummy to you, nuts, raisins, etc.
Pour into 2 bread pans and bake for 60-70 minutes. YUM!

This time I made it I ran out of sugar and subbed in a cup of brown sugar and it was super yummy so I think I might make it like this from now on. I also thru' in a little extra pie spice. I recommend eating it hot with butter, mmmmm.

9 comments:

Ashley said...

I still make that pumpkin square recipe that I got from you!!! YUMMY!!! I LOVE fall stuff especially pumpkin flavored.

Anonymous said...

Sounds delish!!! I'll have to try it!! Your new banner is totally cute! :o)

DaveAly said...

Thank you, thank you! I can't wait to make it. It was delicious!

Judy said...

Mmm...I'll have to try it. I just made pumpkin bars with cream cheese frosting tonight...a huge batch. Do you want some? I have a whole 9X13 left, and I'd be happy to run some over tomorrow! I'm serious!

Freer Family said...

Judy, don't tempt me, lol. That sounds delicious. If you need to get rid of a slice or two we'd be happy to help, lol.

Jan Russell said...

You are killing me with blog cuteness! LOVE the new pumpkin/orange look - SOOOOO CUTE!

Cammie said...

I will have to try it. Fall is the best time for baking, and pumpkin stuff is always a hit. I am a little worried about how big my A double S is going to get, but that's what running is for right?

Anonymous said...

oooh...that sounds good! i'm going to have to try this.

Lana said...

Sounds yummy. Nicole, your blog design is the cutest! Are you giving lessons? :)