Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Today's Forecast: Eclipse

So the long awaited third installment of the "Twilight" series came out today. Without further ado, may I present Eclipse:



Of course the story of me picking up my copy at the bookstore is a whole 'nother tale. Before we even got out of the car I told Cole we were going to run in and run out really fast. No asking to buy things, no fits. Yeah right. You guessed it. He took off like a flash for the kids section of the store and proceeds to fall in love with something that he just can't live without. I grab my copy of Eclipse, pay super quick and try to rationally and calmly talk him out of buying whatever it was he wanted (BTW, I hate that bookstores now carry toys, bad idea). I'm trying to get out of the store without causing too much of a scene but Cole was pulling on the back of my shirt having a total epic tantrum while everyone stares on. He's really really strong and it almost pulled me over since I was off balance to begin with carrying Carson in his carseat. We finally make it to the car, get ourselves calmed down and drive across the street to McDonald's drive thru' because Mom definitely deserves an extra large diet coke for 69 cents.

Check out http://www.stepheniemeyer.com

6 comments:

Judy said...

After hearing about Twilight from a number of people, including you, I am dying to start the series! I told Leslie to hurry and finish your copy so I can start it - hope you don't mind! :)

Cammie said...

I really need to be literate. You are such a good reader, and are always finding cool books. Sorry about the tantrum. It NEVER fails they always melt down at the most obnoxious times.

andrea said...

The girls at the McD's drive-thru greet me by name...they know my kids...knew I was on vacation, LOL. A diet coke will buy me at least 2 hours of sanity and the price is awesome (that's why I am there like 3 times a day...)

MarilynH said...

you stinker....you shoulda told me you had a blog! But seeing as though you've only had it for two weeks, I'll let it slide this time. :D

Jenson Family said...

So how is it? I forgot to ask you yesterday how good it is so far. I am almost 200 pages into New Moon, so you better get on it! Thanks for getting me hooked... Now I'll really get nothing done before my kid is born! Geez! J/K!

MarilynH said...

I just finished Twilight yesterday. (sigh) How did you like Eclipse? I am so hooked. I think I need an Edward of my own ;)