Tuesday, August 14, 2007

It's Not Easy Being a Pirate



Exhitbit A: An enormous rope burn under the chin.

How does one go about getting such a huge rope burn you might ask? Well, I'll tell ya. You have your older cousin rig some jumpropes to the four poster bed (which makes a great pirate ship) at your Grandma's house and then you swing from the rope. Sounds like a great idea until you hook your chin on the rope and slide down creating lots of friction as you go. Another side effect of this plan was the breaking of one poster from the bed. I guess they weren't designed to support the weight of a scurvy, swinging pirate. Luckily for my pocketbook Grandpa was able to fix the ship, I mean the bed.

I didn't get a picture of the bed, that would've been Exhibit B.

6 comments:

Jan Russell said...

Omigosh, NO! Don't even tell me this - Harrison thows a hooded towel over one of our posts and does the very thing - well, those days are OVER. I am going to have to show him this picture of First Mate Cole and his injury. OUCH! That looks really painful :-( Boys are insane, that is really all I can say...

April said...

lol Nicole! Boys are such crazy fun aren't they? :)

Anonymous said...

hi! you won a book from my blog.. can you email me your mailing address? thousandclowns@yahoo.com.. thanks!

danielle

Cammie said...

Make him walk the plank!

LOL that is the best story ever.

Angie said...

OUCH! Poor Coley! At least he didn't try to make Carson walk the plank! ;)

Anonymous said...

Was I going to have to split the cost of the new bed with you???