Saturday, August 11, 2007

Some Much Needed R&R



Last night Alan and I went on a much needed and long overdue get away to the Redrock Resort and Spa while the kids had a sleepover at Grandma and Grandpa's house.

For Mother's Day my boys got me a spa gift certificate and I was finally able to cash it in. I had an 80 minute Swedish massage and 50 minute soothing facial, it was pure heavenly bliss and I didn't want it to end. We ate dinner in the buffet and had a total pig out fest, it was so fun to eat in peace and quiet with no one spilling a drink, crying or asking to go potty. Afterwards we saw The Bourne Ultimatum and I was so deliriously tired by the time the movie started at 9:45 that is was a literal struggle to hold my eyes open, but I did it, lol. I guess I'm just getting old. It was a good movie but I'll still take Hairspray.

The little boys had fun staying over at my parent's house and slept pretty good too. Cole's fever did spike to about 104 degrees while we were gone but he was in very capable hands.

All in all it was a great little mini get away. I just wish it could have lasted longer...
Thanks Alan and Thanks Mom and Dad!!!

7 comments:

Kristi said...

Sounds like such a fun time, Nicole!! Glad you guys could get away!!

Judy said...

Oh, I need one of those! We're going on a trip without kids next month, and I can hardly wait!! Oh, and I got Twilight from Leslie today and can't wait to read it!!

Cammie said...

Jealous! How nice for you. I only have one boy and I need a break. I don't have any idea how you do it with two. That sounds so fun. I am glad you had a good time!

Jan Russell said...

Sounds GLORIOUS to me! I still haven't left my boys overnight (well, except leaving H. to give birth to S. obviously - lol) but I really need to get past that...a massage could definitely lure me away... I'm glad you had a nice relaxing time with Alan! And I hope Cole's all better today!

Jenson Family said...

You deserved it! Especially after having sick kids all week... Sorry you are under the weather now... Maybe a chocolate Frosty would help!

Angie said...

I'm so jealous! Lucky, lucky you! I hope the boys get over their colds quickly. Poor guys! You definately deserved the spa treatment after running around after and taking care of them!

April said...

Sounds like you had an awesome little get away! I hope that your boys are feeling better.