Monday, August 27, 2007

First Day of Pre-K







"Mom, it's a great day for a school day".


That is how I was woken up today. Cute eh? We enrolled Cole in pre-k this year at Challenger School . He has been bugging me since April to start going and the long awaited day finally got here. Unfortunately the morning classes were full and so he is in afternoon, and let me just tell ya, this morning was soooo long. Every 5 minutes he kept asking me if it was school time. Finally around 11:00 (we don't go until 12:30) he tells me, "Mom, I think you are telling me a big lie". I said, "No Cole, I don't lie to you" and he says, "Uh-huh, you said I get to go to my new school today but I think you aren't telling the truth, I'm telling Daddy". The time to go finally arrived and he rushed to the car and climbed in on his own. Today was just a meet the teacher and a parent orientation day, actual classes begin on Wednesday. He loved his classroom and his favorite thing was the dress-ups (they had a police officer costume he told me about 20 times). I tried to take my camera in and he told me cameras weren't allowed in school and it had to wait in the car. He was seriously adamant about that so I got no pictures of his classroom but I'm sure I will get opportunities through out the upcoming year. All in all I think this is going to a really good thing for Cole.

8 comments:

Jan Russell said...

Omigosh, Cole is SO funny, I want to hang out with him, I think he'd have me laughing all day! I'm glad he's so excited about school. H's orientation is tomorrow - can't wait!

Anonymous said...

LOL about the big lie!! Doesn't he know that all moms conspiracists? ;o) I think that pre-K will be good for him too! I'm biding my time waiting for Olivia to start preschool is a week! She needs it like no other! :o)

Cammie said...

How could you lie to such a sweet child! LOL. It's so fun to see them so excited for school. You probably have a lot of long mornings ahead of you! Cali doesn't start until after Labor Day, and every day she asks about going back to school! I love it, and love school too!

Jenson Family said...

Cole cracks me up! Love his Crocs! You guys will get into the schedule of afternoon and it will all click... Just think - at least you send him away for his crankiest hours (my kids are harder in the afternoon - are yours?)... I don't know - I'm new to this all too, so we will see!

Anonymous said...

He's so cute. I loved his accounting of the day. I wish I could be as excited for school tomorrow. DON'T MAKE ME GO BACK!!!

Misha said...

What a cute schoolboy!!! Brett and I like his back to school crocs.

Angie said...

Cole is so CUTE! LOL!!! I sure wish I felt that way every year on the first day of school! I have to agree with Gretchen...don't make me go back! Summer break is way too short! LOL!

Kara said...

Cole cracks me up! He is so cute! Watch out for those little pre-k girls, lol. I thought it was funny how you "weren't allowed" to take your camera into school. Silly boy.