Thursday, August 23, 2007

Little Picasso

I'm not sure where the idea came from, but recently Cole had been talking a lot about painting like a "real artist". So last weekend Alan took Cole to Michael's to pick out some paints and canvas, they even found really cool painter palettes to make it more authentic. They spent all of Saturday morning outside painting, (It was really cute). Carson enjoyed watching from his little saucer seat and I snuck out and went to spin class. When I got home they were still painting away. Cole's masterpiece now proudly hangs in the hallway we walk thru' on the way out to the garage to get in the car.









8 comments:

Jan Russell said...

Oh wow - that turned out SO, SO cute - he definitely has natural talent! I need to get my boys on board for a project like this - what a treasure. .

Freer Family said...

Jan, I have to admit that Daddy helped with some of the finer details, lol.

Jan Russell said...

Yes, I suspected, but the sun and waves are my favorite parts of the piece! I think it is SO sweet that they created it together!

Cammie said...

Make sure he signs it, so in 50 years he can make millions. What a cute project and cute idea. I feel like a horrible person because I always shy away from projects that will make huge messes. But, leaving a project like that with dad seems like a great idea. Three cheers for Alan!!

Jenson Family said...

Geez - I was worried about you - no posts in like 4 days!!! J/K! What a good Dad! The picture is quite impressive actually!

Anonymous said...

How cute! Seriously a masterpiece!

Anonymous said...

What a fun thing to do!!! And the picture turned out beautiful! :o)

Kara said...

How fun! I love that you even have it hanging in your house.