Thursday, August 30, 2007

New Life



This morning I was blessed to witness the birth of my friend Leslie's new baby girl. She had asked me to be present in the OR to take photos of her newborn. It was truly the most miraculous thing I have ever witnessed. Even though I have had two babies of my own (both c-sections) I didn't really get to experience it so fully because I was strapped down to the table behind the blue sheet and so nervous and full of emotions. I can't believe how tiny she is. It makes Carson (who is 7 months on Saturday) look huge.

Thanks Leslie and Kris for allowing to be a part of your special day.



Stats:
Born at 7:53 am
7 lbs 1 oz
19.5 inches long.

10 comments:

Helena said...

Wow, that is an amazing picture!

DaveAly said...

You did an awesome job! I can't wait to see the rest of them.

Ashley said...

breath taking....
There isn't words...such a special quiet moment as a sweet spirit enters this world.
WOW!

Ashley said...

oops I guess I could use correct grammar....dang why don't I edit before I push post...sorry

Cammie said...

That picture is amazing. It is so beautiful how you captured her first seconds on earth.

Jan Russell said...

OH WOW! Thie shot is AMAZING, her mommy is going to be thrilled that you were there to capture it - such a miracle!

andrea said...

That is an awesome picture Nicole! I will never forget the first time I saw a baby being born (it was when Kara had Shaylee)...it was life altering for me. Such a different perspective when it's not you actually giving birth. Love it.

Lana said...

Hey Nicole. I saw your blog through Leslie's. So fun! By the way, all of your pictures are amazing. You must have a magic touch

MarilynH said...

She is just the most beautiful little thing!!! Great picture, Nicole.

Jenson Family said...

Thanks so much Nicole! I am sooo glad you were there, and the pictures are AMAZING! I am glad you know me inside and out now, and that you still like me! Thanks for staying with me for the whole hour after they stitched and fixed me up - I would have been terrified if you hadn't been there! Thanks for being such a great friend!