Thursday, September 27, 2007

Cowboy Up

Wednesday was finally cowboy day at Cole's school. He had been asking since the first day of school when it was going to be cowboy day so when it finally arrived he was so excited he was bouncing off the walls. It was one of those days where I wished we had gotten into the morning class, lol. Anyways, he got all decked out in his cowboy gear and allowed me to take a couple pictures before school. When I dropped him off at school I decided that he was most definitely the cutest little cowboy there. The parents came back for the last 45 minutes of class and the preschoolers put on a little program where they sang some of the songs they had learned thus far, it was by far the cutest thing I have ever seen. Everytime I think back on it I get all mushy inside, I'm a dork, I know it. Cole had told me that cowboys don't get their pictures taken at school but I snuck my camera in and got a few shots. I am so disappointed in myself for not thinking to take the video camera, what is wrong with my brain?
A funny side note: Later that night Cole and I were playing with his cowboy guns (not allowed at school) and I said "Reach for the sky cowboy and say your prayers". He bowed his head, folded his arms and said, "Dear Heavenly Father..." I couldn't stop laughing. What a funny kiddo.

Before school, I can't get him to look at the camera these days...

Singing for the parents, so so cute...

The campfire they used to "roast" marshmallows...

In front of the spider wall...

12 comments:

Judy said...

That is the cutest idea for the cowboy day and to invite the parents. I can't wait until I get to go watch my kids in little programs at school! (Except that you know Lexi will be off doing her own thing anyway!)

Kristi said...

Awww, what a cute little cowboy!! That block firepit is adorable too!!

Jenson Family said...

He definitely is the cutest cowboy EVER! I love how he starting saying his prayers! What a goofball!

DaveAly said...

How fun! Cole makes the cutest cowboy. Did you get my message about posting that recipe? Thanks again for bringing it over warm! Yum, Yum! You definitely have to take the video camera next time...it took me a few times to realize it too.

Anonymous said...

CUTEST COWBOY EVER!!! ;o)

Cammie said...

I'm sure he was the best looking cowboy there....probably ever for that matter. I loved the campfire. What a cute idea. He is such a sweet boy.

Also, is there a possibility that you could help me with my blog banner problems? I need some help, and yours looks so fantastic!

Anonymous said...

For sure the cutest cowboy!

Misha said...

Coley really is a cute cowboy! However we were wondering when it's going to be "INDIAN" day?

Jan Russell said...

TOO CUTE!!! That is so fun that his school has cowboy day - what little partner wouldn't love that?!

Helena said...

Totally cute!

The blog looks great!

Anonymous said...

how funny! I love that they take things so literally. lol

Lana said...

So cute :) Aubree was at Challenger just long enough to enjoy that day. I remember loving the pretend campfire they made to roast marshmallows!