Monday, September 24, 2007

Things That Start With the Letter C

Cole is very aware of the letter C everywhere we go (I guess it's kind of an egocentric thing since his name begins with C). For example he will point out the C on the McDonald's sign or on a license plate, etc. Anyways, that was a random preface to my random post, lol.

Friday Cole came home from school with this drawing of a cowboy in his bag. You might think yeah, so what. But I was totally excited when I saw it because I could actually see a cowboy in it and not just haphazard scribbles everywhere. This is his first drawing of something that actually looks like something. It was a proud Mommy moment for me, lol.



Saturday we went to Chuck E Cheese with my whole family. That place is so cuckoo on Saturday afternoon but my kiddos had a blast with their cousins, grandparents and aunt. It's nice to have older cousins that can keep an eye on them and take them around to play all the games. I didn't bring a camera with me but one of the rides takes a picture of you while driving. Fun times.


5 comments:

Kristi said...

I love it when you can finally start seeing something in their drawings!! I totally want to make a pillow or something with some of Genna's cute drawings.

Jenson Family said...

I totally can relate to being proud of seeing scribbles turn into something. I have Lindsey's first drawing of a person too, saved in a scrapbook somewhere! I LOVE seeing what she draws now because it makes sense - especially when they start to get fingers and feet and freckles and other details. You have to have an album you can slip their really super cute or clever drawings into! It's fun to look back at the progression of her drawings now.

Cammie said...

He really is an artist. I love the cowboy hat. I agree with you and all the other comments on this post. It's great to finally see "real" things instead of just scribbles. Cali loves to draw people and put a lot of time and effort into the details of their clothes and hair. I guess she is my girl!

Helena said...

What a great drawing! You shall have to save it for ever and ever.

Jan Russell said...

That is a really great drawing! I can't get Harrison to switch colors when he is drawing - so there are real images, but all in red - I long for the day...lol. Way to go Cole!!!