Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Shiver Me Timbers

Ahoy me hearties, did you know that September 19th is International Talk Like a Pirate Day!?
We celebrated with a quick trip to Borders (I had to make a return) where we found the coolest pirate pop-up book ever. It opens up into a huge ocean scene with ship battles and a giant octopus and pirates galore.




Also Cole wanted you all to meet Jack; his new scarecrow friend. Jack magically showed up on our doorstep the other day just especially for Cole (Thanks Mom).

7 comments:

Cammie said...

ARRRRRR. Me love looking at yer pictures with me one good eye. I poked out me eye with me hook-for-a-hand.

OK, that was my lame attempt to talk like a pirate. But, seriously, that book looks awesome. And I love Cole and his scarecrow friend, did you plan the matching orange shirts?

Anonymous said...

Seriously?! Maybe I should tell my kids to walk the plank! They need to....
Cute scarecrow too!! I love scarecrows this season, I don't know what it is!! :o)

Lana said...

Neat book! Nicole, you're such a great mom to feed his imagination like you do!

Jan Russell said...

He is the cutest boy! I remember last year on TLAP day there was some crazy Wife Swap episode - Harrison was obsessed with it - lol!

And Holly - you totally cracked me up with your comments. I am saving that line - I'm sure I'll be given a reason to use it before long ;-)

Jenson Family said...

Do you ever change his shirt???? J/K!!! LOL!

Kara said...

What a fun book you found. You take the best photos!

MarilynH said...

I dind't know that!! That explains why I saw Pirate talk on Flickr that day. Arrrgh!