Friday, September 14, 2007

Imagination



Cole's imagination is absolutely incredible. I'm sure all children's are. The awesome thing about being his Mommy is that I can get a little glimpse of what it is like to imagine pirates sailing through the living room or trains whizzing thru' the kitchen. I can't really remember what it was like to lose myself so completely in play but with Cole around I get that chance to relive alittle of my lost childhood everyday. There are days I admit that if I have to sword fight one more time or repeat the scripted pirate dialog he has concocted for me again I might go insane, but then I try to remember he will only be 4 once and to just enjoy the moment. I probably won't have a clean house until these little dudes go off to college but that's ok. As long as I remember to take time out to play with them and imagine.

(I confess: This post is written as a reminder to me because lately I am impatient and short with Cole and his gigantic, imaginative messes. He's a really good boy and I just need to chill out).

"The world of reality has it's limits, the world of imagination is boundless" Jean-Jacques Rousseau

2 comments:

Cammie said...

Yes, don't they have such vivid imaginations? It's enough to drive you nuts!! I know the feeling, and I am also grateful for Cali. But, I have a hard time every now and again.

Jan Russell said...

Harrison would give his left arm for an imaginative matey like that! I'm so out of my element with pirates and swords.