Thursday, November 20, 2008

My Little Buddy


*I just love these photos of Carson with his wild and crazy bedhead and dirty face, they are just so him*


Since Cole has started attending all day school, Carson and I have been spending a lot of one on one time together. He is such a fun little guy to pal around with. He makes a pretty good shopping partner and he doesn't ever tell me to change the song on the radio. He and I are still struggling to get our new schedule worked out but he has been pretty flexible.

And just a quick update about Carson, he is 21.5 months now and he thinks he is 5 yrs old, but don't try to tell him he's not. He's so stinkin' independent, I think he'd pour his own milk and change his own diapers if he could figure out how. He's a climber and likes to push the bar stools up to the counter to get what he wants. He's starting to experience separation anxiety and cries when I leave the room, so I'm hoping this is a very short phase. His favorite word(s) to say is "Pirate ship". No lie, he must say it 1,000,000 times per day. He still likes to snuggle when he's in the mood and if he's in the mood you will get the yummiest snuggles ever. He's doing better at sleeping and he loves his big brother.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

So great to hear more about Carson! I hope you both continue to enjoy all your one on one time.
Ang

Helena said...

He sure is a cute little guy! I love that first picture.

The Frosts said...

He is sooooo cute. Seriously. I love the candid pics of him. And how fun to have one on one time. It's a bit of an adjustment with all day school though. M wears me out every day.

PS I'm dying to hear how you like Twilight. I was pleasantly surprised and liked it A LOT.

Judy said...

How was the movie last night??? I opted for sleep, but I'm going to see it tonight. :)

Anyway, your boys are too cute. and I'm so glad Cole's new school is working out.

Dave and Gretchen said...

He is a cute boy. You need a video of him saying "Pah-Rit!" It is so stinkin' cute.

Kristi said...

He is such a cutie! I love that his favorite word is pirate ship!

Dr. Kathy said...

Carson's coomment on his age reminds me of my Shawn at 3. We went to Brian's school open house and Bri's kindergarten teacher asked Shawn how old he was. He said, "My mother tells me I'm only 3, but I'm really 5!" On the way home, he came up with a great idea of how he could get to go to kinder with big brother. I'd bake him a cake and light the candles and sing "Happy Birthday" (he actually sang the entire song.) Then the next day, I'd bake him another cake with more candles and, of course, another full chorus of the song. Then he'd be five! Sounded like a good idea to him. At least he had the math right: 2 extra birthdays + 3 = 5!

Carin said...

He is so dang adorable!

Kristi said...

What a cute little buddy you have! I am seriously dying that Pirate Ship is his favorite word. Could he be cuter? um, nope!

Kara said...

Carson is adorable! Love those pictures of him. And I love that he can say 'pirate ship'! How cute is that? I am os jealous that he is such a good shopping partner.

Jan Russell said...

He is just too CUTE! I love that he thinks he's such a big guy!

Freer Family said...

Aunt Kath- that story about Shawn is classic. That sounds so much like my Carson.