Wednesday, November 12, 2008

First Day of Kindergarten: Take 2


Today went GREAT!
Cole was so excited to go to his new school, he wasn't nervous at all and was really looking forward to eating lunch at school and having recess. We packed a yummy lunch in his Pirates of the Caribbean lunch box, he put on his new uniform and headed out for a new adventure. Of course I worried and watched the clock through out the day wondering how he was doing, although I kept myself busy with a trip to the gym and a little shopping and lunch. ;)
When I picked him up he had an ear to ear grin and gave me the thumb's up. He told me about his day (his only complaint being that it was long) and then he started to clap his hands and he and Carson sat in the backseat of the car clapping all the way home.
What a HUGE relief!
I'm so glad we made this change and I hope it continues to be a good experience for him.

18 comments:

Stephanie Anne said...

Ohhh, I am so happy that he had a good day!!!!! I love that he and Carson clapped the whole way home. What cute brothers!

BTW - if he is in full day Kindergarten then we can do gym dates the days I work nights ... just a thought ;)

Michelle Smith said...

Great job Cole!!! We are so proud of you!

PS Count me in on the gym dates, Jesse and I will sign up too, LVAC?

Kristi said...

Yeah- such great news! I am so glad that he liked it better!

KJenx said...

Clapping all the way home? What better way to say good choice!!!

Jenson Family said...

I'm so glad! This is the way it should've been all along! Happy kid = Happy Mommy!

Dave and Gretchen said...

Woo Hoo, Coley! We are sooooo happy that today went well. What a great boy.

Anonymous said...

so glad this school is a better fit for him :)

Carin said...

I am so glad that things went well.

DaveAly said...

Yeah! I'm so happy for all of you!

Cammie said...

I'm so glad he loved his new school. I didn't even know you were moving him to a different one. Looks like it was a good decision!

They have all day kindergarten in Wyoming and Cali is just so pumped about eating lunch at school!

andrea said...

I'm not going to lie...I'll miss the tie...but I am glad things are looking up. What are the public schools like in your area? We don't really have mnay private school options here but I am intrigued...

Jan Russell said...

I hope the rest of the week has been just as great! He's a cutie on his 2nd, 1st day!

Dave and Gretchen said...

P.S.-I love how his new uniform makes his eyes look so green!

Dr. Kathy said...

That is a happier looking little boy than in take one. So glad you made the change. I wrote a long comment when you told us about the change, but somehow it failed to post. So I gave your mom an earful in St. George. See her for details!

Michelle Smith said...

More pictures and updates PLEASE!!!

Kristi said...

It sounds like you made the right choice. Kindergarten should be FUN!

I will miss seeing him in that cute uniform tho. lol!

Lana said...

Yay for Cole! I've heard good things about Merryhill. Doesn't it make all the difference in the world? - I'm glad you're at peace about it now.

Hilary said...

I'm so glad that it is going well. Way to go making the change. He's so so cute!