Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Howdy Pardner


Last Friday was finally cowboy day at Cole's school and just like last year he was super eager with anticipation. Thursday night before bed we laid out all of his "gear" so that Friday morning all we would have to do is get ready. Friday morning comes and Cole wakes up ready to go. We put on his shirt, his jeans, his hat, his bandanna, his sheriff badge and then the boots. Oh no! The boots won't go on, we try and try but we just can't get them to fit. I tell him he will need to use his imagination and pretend his tennis shoes are cowboy boots and he is truly so disappointed, the look on his face was heartbreaking. Well my sister just happened to call and I was relating the drama to her and she says to me that her hubby Dave is out driving their daughter to school and he passes a Wal-mart on the way home. She hurries and calls him, he rushes to Wal-mart finds a pair of boots a couple of sizes bigger and drives them up to our house (all by 8 am.). Hooray! Uncle Dave saves cowboy day!
When I pick up my little buckaroo from school later that afternoon he is grinning from ear to ear. It was a great day! They sang songs, colored pictures, roasted marshmallows and had s'mores. Heehaw!

15 comments:

Jenson Family said...

Soo fun! What a handsome cowboy you have! And what a great uncle your cowboy has! My gosh! That was so nice!

Helena said...

That sounds like blast. Hooray for Uncle Dave!

Kristi said...

I love that picture of Cole!!! So glad a crisis was averted!!!! Meltdowns before school are never fun!

Jan Russell said...

I thought you were going to say you stuffed newspaper in the toe of your red pair ;) Thank goodness for Uncle Dave! That is a super cute picture of your little buckaroo!

Carin said...

He is a darling cowboy! We would have been in real trouble cause no one here has ever even owned a pair of cowboy boots. LOL
Now is it was purple hair day I would be all over that.

Kristi said...

His pose is killing me! Love the boots. Fun day!

Dave and Gretchen said...

That picture is way too cute! Way to go, Dave! (He scored some major hubby points for that!) :) I was born in Cheyenne, Dave in Duchesne...How could we let him go to without boots??? We'd do anything for those cute boys!

andrea said...

The boots make the outfit. He was totally right. And who knew Wal-Mart carried cowboy boots? I am so going there next time we need rodeo attire. Cute pic!

Cammie said...

He is the most handsome cowboy. And thank goodness for good uncles!

Stephanie Anne said...

Hot! You're son is HOT!!!!

Michelle Smith said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle Smith said...

Cole is so stinkin cute!! Way to go uncle Dave. He saved the day!

Hilary said...

how cute is your blog?!

Love that little pose... what a cutie!

and Cowboy Day... both you and Andrea's schools do this. I've never heard of it before!

Kara said...

What a fun day! I adore this picture. Cole is sooooo cute! I didn't know WM had boots either. I should pick some up for Parker. He is always pretending to be Woody from Toy Story.

The Frosts said...

Oh my gosh - cutest picture, ever. Seriously. What a super fun day for him. What a nice uncle to help out!