Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Another Disney Adventure

Monday evening we got home from our annual Halloween trip to Disneyland. This year Grandma and Grandpa Freer came with us. It was nice to have the adults out number the kiddos 4-2.

We arrived Thursday night and went to the Halloween Trick or Treat party in California Adventure. Cole dressed in his pirate costume and we opted to dress Carson in jammies hoping he might fall asleep since he never slept in the car the whole drive down. He finally gave it up and conked out around 10 pm. We scored some serious candy, I don't think I will need to buy any for our trick or treaters.
*click to view larger
It's always fun to visit the park during the holidays and see all of the really cool decorations. With Alan's folks there Alan and I were able to sneak out to dinner in peace and quiet and go ride Tower of Terror without kids throwing tantrums. Grandma even took Carson back to the hotel room for nap times. THANKS! Speaking of tantrums...Carson was really difficult this trip. He was just not happy being out of his routine and he let everyone know about it all day everyday. Stinker!
One of the highlights to going to Disneyland in October is the pumpkin fudge and guess what? They were sold out of it completely in both parks and downtown Disney. Guess I'll have to make a batch this week. If you have a good recipe feel free to send it my way.
  • The new Toy Story ride was a blast! It was definitely worth the long lines.
  • Daddy spoiled Cole with new legos; their little tradition is to go to the Lego store in Downtown Disney without Mom around complaining about the prices, lol.
  • I got so soaked on Splash Mountain I actually had to go buy some new pants to wear the rest of the day.
  • We dined at Goofy's Kitchen and met Minnie, Goofy, Chip and Dale, Cinderella and Pluto.
Overall it was a fun (and exhausting) getaway and I hope we didn't scare Grandma and Grandpa too bad with our badly behaved children. Thanks Alan for a fun trip!

11 comments:

Kristi said...

YOU are so LUCKY! It's nice Disney is so close so you can enjoy it so often. Your trip sounds awesome! I can't believe you got that wet! Hilarious!

Kristi said...

What a fun tradition! Bummer on not finding the fudge- I came across the recipe tonight and so I thought I'd share it with you:

Pumpkin Fudge
1 1/2 c. granulated sugar
2/3 c. evaporated milk
1/2 c. canned pumpkin
2 Tbsp. butter
1/4 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 (12 oz.) pkg. vanilla flavored baking chips
2 c. miniature marshmallows
1/3 c. chopped walnuts (optional)
1 1/4 tsp. vanilla
Line 8" square pan with aluminum foil and grease foil. Lightly grease sides and bottom of medium saucepan with butter. Combine sugar, milk, pumpkin, butter, salt and pumpkin pie spice in saucepan. Stirring constantly over medium heat, bring mixture to a boil; boil for 12 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in baking chips and marshmallows until melted. Add nuts and vanilla. Pour into prepared pan. Chill until set. Cut into small squares to serve. Cover and store in refrigerator.

Jenson Family said...

I want a piece of that fudge when you make it!!! C'mon - I shared my pumpkin cookies, so it's only fair! J/k! I guess since you sat my kid today I should make it for you! Fun trip!

Anonymous said...

how fun! i wish we lived closer to disneyland!

Jan Russell said...

CUTE pictures - I love the "perfect catch" photo op! Was this Cole's Fall Break, or did he miss school? I need to tell H's teacher that he's missing a few days when we go to DW in Dec...

KJenx said...

Looks like loads of fun! Disneyland is always a good choice! We love it and will be there the week of Thanksgiving....super crowded but what can you do?! :> I think the grandparents are going to keep the little ones at the condo while the big kids and parents party from 8 am to midnight!

Holly Child said...

Glad you had a fun trip!! I totally wanted to get a picture with one of those scarecrows from the T or T party, but the line to do so was outrageous! Love all your pictures! So cute! :o)

Hilary said...

your trip looks SO fun. Makes me Dinsney hungry!

I was going to give you the same recipe that Kristi did. I haven't tried it yet, but want to! (be my guinea pig!)

Dave and Gretchen said...

Looks fun! I like the boys' matching get-ups. :)

The Frosts said...

How fun! I'm so jealous - I love Disney! And how fun to have grandparents there as helpers - dreamy! I love the Lego tradition. We should have done that with C as he wasn't that into the actual Disney stuff. Next time!

Cammie said...

SO much fun!! What a great family Halloween tradition!