Tuesday, October 14, 2008

School Update

So Kindergarten is going a little smoother these days, here's a quick update:

  • They finally had a fire drill a few weeks back and it turned out be "no big deal" (Cole's words).
  • Alan and I had a parent teacher conference last week and learned that Cole has told his class (on more than one occasion) that his Daddy is a train conductor. I guess that sounds more exciting than saying he's a lawyer.
  • We are awaiting the return of the school pictures and I'm crossing my fingers he didn't do his cheesy fake smile.
  • Cole got a 100% on his spelling test last week!
  • Yesterday when I picked him up he informed me that he now has a girlfriend in his class (but he can't remember her name).

*Blogger is not letting me upload photos!

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Train Conductor? What ARE you putting in his Lucky Charms. Where did Morgan tell everyone that Gretchen was from? She had come up with a real screamer of a tall tale as well.

Freer Family said...

It was Tibet, lol!

Kristi said...

That is so funny about Cole making up a new occupation for his dad. Glad things are going better and yikes on the girlfriend!

KJenx said...

glad the drill was no big deal. Griffin got to visit the principal on our drill day--hitting another kid--we are soooo proud!

Kristi said...

I am lol about the train conductor. Kids are soo funny!

Bad blogger - I want to see pictures!

Jan Russell said...

A fire drill is no big deal, but spelling tests? Those are scary! Glad your smarty pants did a great job!

Carin said...

ROFL!! Cole kills me!

The Frosts said...

What a hoot - a train conductor! Glad things are going better for him and that the fire drill was no biggie! Make sure you post those school pics when you get them back!

Cammie said...

Alan would make an awesome train conductor! LOL! Cole is so funny. Glad that fire drill was "no big deal". Cali goes back on track on Monday, so it will be like starting all over for us...

Dave and Gretchen said...

Cole is hilarious! At least he quit telling everyone about his dad's night gig at Blockbuster!

Unknown said...

That is too funny! My kids don't have a clue what exactly I do....they just roll their eyes and say...UM....I don't know.....BUT SHE IS THE BOSS AT HOME! HA! Anyway....tell your Train Conductor Hubby Hi for me. I would think His Uncle Smith is the train conductor as he lays metal tracks all day long. :)

Helena said...

LOL! That is too cute that he has a girlfriend but doesn't remember her name.

Michelle Smith said...

I'm surprised he didn't tell everyone his daddy was a pirate!! LOL. I guess the other sounds more realistic? Cute boy.

Judy said...

Way to go on Cole's spelling! What's on next week's list...aneurysm, boulevard, kaleidoscope? :)