Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Our Christmas 2008

Christmas with two little boys is so much fun! This year Cole was really excited and into every aspect of the holiday and Carson fed off Cole's energy so he was super excited too, although I'm not sure he entirely understood. He did say "ho ho ho" every time he saw a Santa Claus though.

This year at Cole's school they had a little Santa shop where the kids could bring money to school and shop for gifts for their family members. Cole had lots of fun picking out presents for me, Alan, Carson and a couple of his cousins. He was very thoughtful in his choices and got things people would like. He was most excited about his gift to me and had me open it a few days before Christmas. His entire face lit up when I opened this lovely blue "diamond" ring and I told him how much I loved it. Now he is always checking out my finger to make sure I'm wearing this special jewel. I love that kid!


Christmas Eve the boys dressed in their matching jammies and we took a few pictures by the tree before heading to my parent's house for our traditional dinner and nativity program.




Cole and I baked some cookies to leave out for Santa's visit later that evening.





Santa came!!! And he loved the yummy cookies!

The boys slept until about 7 am Christmas morning and when they awoke they found a lot of cool gifts (some that they asked for and some that were surprises).

Funny, one of Cole's most favorite things was this Spiderman bubble bath set, he literally stripped down and ran for the tub shortly after opening presents. What a nut!

I think Carson liked Cole's Star Wars stuff more than Cole. He calls it "star" or "star toy".

Carson got lots of "pat-pat" stuff (which is Rocket from Little Einstein's; Carson's favorite).

And he LOVES his new rocking horse from Grandma. At first he was scared of it but now he is quite a little daredevil.

Cole got some great new Star Wars jammies from yellow Grandma which he put on after his Spiderman bath. He has pretty much lived in pj's this entire school break.

The day after Christmas it pretty much looked like a tornado blew thru' our house depositing the entire inventory of Toys 'r Us. And can you believe Cole had the nerve to say he had nothing to play with? Wow! Kids!!!

It was such an awesome Christmas. We were really blessed this year. Thank you everyone for all of the lovely gifts. I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday as well.

9 comments:

Lana said...

PJ's 24/7 - love it! My kids are going on 48 hours now since we've been back in town!!! And how sweet of Cole with the ring for you :) Aubree's school does the Holiday Shop too, and her gifts are our favorite to open. Looks like you had a fun Christmas! Maybe I'll get around to blogging ours next year.

Jan Russell said...

Those shots of Cole in the tub are so hilarious - I love it! And that is a gorgeous new ring - Harrison got a similar red one for his Aunt Sandra. Such cute pictures of your boys in the jammies too!

Stephanie Anne said...

does cole always wear that get-up when he cooks? it is really cute but he is just a total nut sometimes! i tell ya .....

Stephanie Anne said...

.... love my little himalayan friend!

Kristi said...

You definitely have boys that are just the right age for some serious Christmas fun. I love the picture of Cole in his chef's hat & apron.

You're new ring is tres fab. Smart boy, buying jewelry for his Mom.

Anonymous said...

The ring is great! Your story there reminds me of Goldie Hawn in Overboard where she gets a macaroni necklace from the yonugest boy and has to wear it everywhere......BUT SHE LOVES IT! I love kids! I still have a flower made with 6 pack sode plastic rings that Garrick made me....it's made every move and sits proudly in my kitchen. He graduates this year.....ok.....but I can't bear to part with it!

Cammie said...

So cute. I love your beautiful blue diamond, what a gentleman! It looks like you guys had a great Christmas!!

The Frosts said...

Great pictures Nicole! Looks like you had a fantastic Christmas. That ring is absolutely precious!

Hilary said...

Your bling and the story behind it... so cute! What a sweetie! Your boys are so handsome! I'm glad your Christmas was so good!