Wednesday, December 10, 2008

All Aboard The Polar Express


Last Friday our family and four other families headed to Williams, Az to take a ride on the Polar Express. This trip had been planned for a little over a year and the anticipation was almost too much for one little boy I know (Cole). When Cole was about Carson's age he was obsessed with the movie version of Polar Express. It was his "repeat movie", you know the one that a kid has to watch over and over and over. Carson too has recently discovered choo-choo's and so he was pretty excited to see a really big train up close and personal.

Two cute brothers enjoying cookies and hot chocolate.

Our little family just before the train pulled out of the station.

Cole was enchanted! Isn't that just the pure look of wonder on his face?

Alan looked "elfy" with Carson's crocs on his ears. I couldn't resist taking his pic with the train's resident elf.

Santa boarded the train at the "North Pole" and gave all of the children a special bell.

Cole and The Conductor

Carson found a train set to play with at the depot.


What a fun trip! We can't wait to do it again! The only bad part was that poor Cole sobbed his heart out for an hour when it was time to go. He had such a great time he was sad to go. He said he liked it as much as Disneyland which is saying a LOT!

9 comments:

Kristi said...

How awesome! Cole does look like he was in heaven!

Jenson Family said...

Geesh - I'm glad you finally posted about this! It was soooo fun! Um, no mention about cards or anything... Hmm.

Kristi said...

Sounds like a must-do activity for little boys. What a fun Christmas memory.

BTW, I don't think I have your new(er) address. Do you want to e-mail it to me so I can send a little Christmas card your way?

KJenx said...

How fun. My mom keeps telling us we will go "next year!" Griffin would love it. You do know that Flagstaff is only 35 min from Williams right? :>

Dave and Gretchen said...

This is so cute and sweet. It's your kids' dreams come true. We so want to go next year. :) Remember when Cole was on the train at the park and he was singing "Hot Meemy Moop" to the little boy he was playing with? HA! That's gonna crack me up forever!

Jan Russell said...

So fun! The boys look adorable and cozy in their pjs! I don't think my boys have ever seen this movie...I need to correct that ASAP!

Hilary said...

as good as DL?! Wow! What a hit! The pictures are too cute.

Kara said...

How fun! I have always wanted to do this. Bless Cole's little heart. He is so cute!

Cammie said...

Cole's dream come true!!