Thursday, September 11, 2008

Two Little Muddy Buddies

Boys and Mud: they just go together like peanut butter and jelly. We have been enjoying these gorgeous September afternoons by spending a lot of time out doors. Inevitably, the boys end up stripped down and covered in mud. They have the best time digging holes and filling them with water, or turning my once flower bed into a muddy river. It's really fun to watch them play together and start to interact as buddies. Before they are allowed to come inside they have to take "hose showers". Cole thinks they are great and Carson, well, he screams bloody murder and I get a little worried the neighbors are going to call child services on me, lol.

Mr. Carson

Working together

Row, row, row your boat

A muddy boy

12 comments:

Jenson Family said...

This would make a great scrapbook page!!! Maybe after this weekend you'll have some inspiration for that!

Helena said...

Looks like a blast!

Cool lighting.

Kristi said...

Love Carson's wispy hair! I was so much happier when I realized that boys and mud do go together and there is no use fighting it!

Carin said...

they are adorable!!! I love that they will play together how sweet is that!

Anonymous said...

He he....You said "hose shower"...that was cool! I'm coming over to play in the mud with them.....don't be a hater...you know you want to too.

Stephanie Anne said...

Those pictures are soooo precious. Love my babies!

Dave and Gretchen said...

Oh my gosh! They are too much. I love the muddy buddies.

P.S.-I'm at your house right now because you are on an ANNIVERSARY dinner...Your son just said he needs a nap because he had a long day! (He's got Ashley and Morgan waiting on him hand and foot.);)

Holly Child said...

Man...that Carson of yours is ALL boy, isn't he!! What a CUTIE!!!!

Kristi said...

Cute little buddies. That actually does look rather fun! And, your photos are amazing!

Cammie said...

No kidding about the dirt! I saw your comment on my blog that said you had been in the dirt too! But I didn't know you guys were in up to your diaper. How fun. It's such nice weather right now!

Jan Russell said...

My boys would SO LOVE to have you for a mom! Cute pictures!!!

The Frosts said...

These are awesome pictures. I totally let my kids do this and sometimes feel like I'm wasting water but I'm so glad to see someone else does it too. There's always time for a bath, right? And your boys are looking more and more alike!