Thursday, September 18, 2008

Something Fishy Is Going On

While Carson napped today, I surprised Cole with a fun project. I gave him clues such as it's something you have never made before, it's your favorite color, it's yummy, etc... Then I pulled lollipop sticks out of the drawer and asked him if he knew what they were for and he did. Then a smile spread across his face as he figured out the plan and asked if we were making suckers. Yep, blue fishbowl suckers! I saw this idea awhile ago and with blue being his favorite color and Swedish fish being his favorite candy I knew we had to make these. The first few we made were a little wonky shaped and looked more like a splash, but I got the hang of it and they started to look a little more round.

Of course the most fun was getting to eat them. YUM! Cole decided he wanted to share these with others so we packaged a few up for some of his buddies and cousins to enjoy also.

8 comments:

Helena said...

So cool!

Jan Russell said...

Omigosh - SO CUTE!!! And wouldn't they be great Valentines...of all the fish in the sea, I choose you Valentine...or something along those lines. OH MY! I LOVE THEM! I'm stealing them! You are such a fun mom!

Kristi said...

How cool- I saw those before, but forgot all about them. What a fun Mom you are!

Kristi said...

Fun idea. Love swedish fish. mmmm...

Dave and Gretchen said...

Mother-of-the-year award goes to...Moms that make fun treats for no reason. My girls loved 'em! Thanks for sharing! :)

April said...

What a cute little treat! So fun. :)

Hilary said...

I have this bookmarked to try too! Glad you test drove it for me!

Cammie said...

Can I steal this idea? They look so fun and yum.