Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Girly Getaway

Bright and early last Friday morning Leslie and I boarded a plane bound for Phoenix, AZ and the Creating Keepsakes Convention. We had registered for classes months ago and were really looking forward to our little getaway.
Notice anything especially funny about the photo below? The guy behind us got in on our photo taking action. When we saw him mugging it up on the camera we laughed until our sides hurt.
When we landed in AZ, Leslie's friend Nicole picked us up and whisked us downtown to check into our hotel and then we headed out to the convention center.
We made a few cute make and takes and shopped a little before going to our first class. I took 4 mini album classes which are all in various stages of finish. They are so cute! I need to get them finished so I can show them off too.
We had dinner at a Mexican restaurant and then saw the movie "The Women". It was a cute chick flick, one I definitely wouldn't have been able to drag Alan to so I'm glad I got to see it with girlfriends.

Saturday we were up early (some earlier than others, ugh), noshed on some delicious Einstein bagels and then headed back to the convention. Remind me why we signed up for 8:30 am classes again? By the time we were ready to go we felt like this...
We flew back Saturday night to find all well at home. It was a quick 36 hour get away but so fun and so worth it! A HUGE thank you to my sweet hubby Al for taking Friday off to be Mr. Mom so I could getaway (on our anniversary). Love you!

11 comments:

Kristi said...

Sounds like such a great time! How fun that you got to go! I can't wait to see more of your finished products!

Kristi said...

PS- I love your new blog background & header!

Kristi said...

Love the new Autumn template!

Your little trip sounds amazing. The picture of you two with your little airplane friends makes me laugh. What a funny dude!

You look beautiful & happy. :)

Jan Russell said...

You blog is SO TDF CUTE! Oh, and so are YOU! What a fun getaway!

Helena said...

That sounds like such a blast!

Holly Child said...

Me and a friend of mine when to the Mesa CKC about 5 years ago! I thought it was so much fun too! And I remember eating at a Mexican place too! Was it in a little strip mall thingie near the hotel?! Anyway...glad you had a fabulous time with your friend during your getaway! :o)

Dave and Gretchen said...

So fun! I'm totally jealous. Love your new background and header, too!

Jenson Family said...

That was soooo fun! That first pic of us on the plane was HILARIOUS! I laugh everytime I look at it! And thank goodness for that lady that sold the See's candy... She made the trip!

Nicole said...

That was an awesome time!! You made some super cute things! Thanks for the good time!

Hilary said...

Oh, I need a getaway like this! Looks so fun!

Cammie said...

A true scrap booker crosses state lines! That looked like so much fun!