Wednesday, April 23, 2008

You Are My Sunshine


So I know I do a lot of bragging about how great my husband is but truly he is. He is so super-duper thoughtful! He is always doing little things for me that are really amazing and I am so lucky. So getting around to the point...
Monday night a big fat Harry Potter book fell off of our book shelf and crashed my silly old sun vase down to the ground shattering it into a zillion pieces. Now this sun vase is old, like 15 years old or so. I bought it back when I was renting a little house with a girlfriend of mine and we were really into sun and sunflower decor that was popular in the early 90's. It's not valuable like ming dynasty pottery or anything but I love it. It's been with me a long time. So yeah, I was pretty bummed about it's demise. Last night I was checking my email and there was a message from Alan in my inbox with a link to an ebay auction. He found this exact vase on ebay and had bought it for me. Can you believe it? What a guy! Seriously, he is just so thoughtful and full of surprises. And can you believe that ebay had this vase? I guess it was meant to be. So Alan, I just wanted to tell you thanks again and that I love you! You are my sunshine!

13 comments:

Kristi said...

Awww, how sweet, Nicole! What a thoughtful guy!! And how cool that he found the same vase on Ebay!

Holly Child said...

What a guy!! So thoughtful!! When Heather and I lived together in the early 90's we had all kinds of sunflower brick-a-brack!!

Kristi said...

Wow! I'm amazed he was able to find that same vase on ebay, and even more impressed that he looked. He is a keeper! I'm glad you found each other. :)

Cammie said...

Amazing! He found the SAME vase? That is so great, he really is such a nice guy.

Cammie said...

Amazing! He found the SAME vase? That is so great, he really is such a nice guy.

Jan Russell said...

That is the most thoughtful thing! Honestly, sometimes when I read brags on peoples husbands I'm all roll eyes/gag me - but with you it's just so sincere and sweet - you and Alan are adorable! And he definitely deserves props for this!

April said...

Awwww... That's just the sweetest. :) How cool that he found it.

The Frosts said...

Whoa. That is amazing that he was able to find a replacement. What a sweet hubs!

Carin said...

What a great guy Nicole he sure is a sweetheart!

Dave and Gretchen said...

He might by your sunshine, but you for sure are not WALKING ON SUNSHINE WHOA-OH! (And don't it feel good? Alright!) Did I get it stuck in your head? Do you feel angry?

Way to go, Alan!

Freer Family said...

Hey Gretch, maybe I should change the title of this post to say "I'm Walking on Sunshine" since I was when I had to clean up all of the freakin' broken crap on the floor and it made me angry, lol!!!

Jenson Family said...

Alan is making all of the other husbands in the world look bad!!! :)

Helena said...

Aww, that is awesome. Cool vase!