Sunday, April 6, 2008

A Fun Weekend Surprise

Alan surprised me Thursday night with the news that we were going to be getting away Friday night. He had booked a suite at the Venetian Hotel and reserved tickets to see Spamalot at the Wynn. He even took care of the arrangements for the kiddos. I was super SHOCKED and a little apprehensive (I know, what's wrong with me?)!

But once we were out I was able to relax and have a good time. We ate dinner at a yummy Italian place inside the Wynn and then waited for the show to start. I wasn't too familiar with Monty Python but had heard good things about this show. It was hilarious, laugh out loud funny! After the show we got a treat and headed back to our room. The next morning we slept late (well one of us did) and had a nice breakfast, did a little shopping and then headed home. It was the perfect getaway! Thank you Alan! You truly are the best husband (or what)! And a HUGE thank you to my sister Gretchen and her family for staying the night at our home and watching our kids. You are the best!

The entrance to the theater had a lot of funny stuff to check out. That's me hanging out with a couple of King Arthur's Knights.

Um Alan, looking up a lady's skirt is just bad manners, lol!

A silly hunting trophy.

12 comments:

Kristi said...

What a fun weekend! Good work, Alan. Lucky you, I think Jason & I could really use a weekend get-away. I don't even want to admit how funny I find Monty Python. oi!

Grace said...

How fun! That's so awesome that he planned everything out. You are such a luck girl.

J said...

Lucky ducky! :)

Jenson Family said...

Way to go, Alan! he's making Kris and the rest of the husbands look bad!

andrea said...

Alan wins the prize. What a good hubby you have!

Anonymous said...

I'm Glad you had fun. The Wynn is always a great place to stay because of the ambience. That's a nice picture of Alan looking up the skirt.

Jan Russell said...

For reals - he is the best hubby - you two are adorable!

Carin said...

Sounds like Alan may just be a keeper Nicole ;O)
I am glad you had fun!

The Frosts said...

You lucky duck. Me thinks you are a bit spoiled :) I am dying to see Spamalot - I've heard it is hilarious. Not much comes to crappy uncultured Phoenix though so we'll have to go to LA to see it. I'm a big fan of adult only getaways! How fun!

Anonymous said...

http://www.postsecret.blogspot.com/

Found a fun blog. Thought you would enjoy it. It's sad and funny and interesting.

I'll be at the Wynn this weekend for Taylor's bday. Missed you by one week. I promised Taylor we would get out of town for her bday.....didn't work out so we did the next best thing. Viva Las Vegas!!!! How many other people in other towns can pretend for a weekend they don't live here?

Judy said...

Yep, you do have a pretty great husband! That sounds awesome.

Cammie said...

So fun, and you are beautiful trophy wife in deed!