Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Destination Disneyland

Guess where we went this weekend?


We went down to Disneyland on Saturday morning and got back close to midnight on Tuesday. It was a quick but fun trip. The first 2 days were cold, wet and rainy but we were prepared with umbrellas, ponchos and a stroller cover. Sunday the storms started to let up late in the day, HOORAY! Monday and Tuesday were gorgeous, sunny and warm. The little guys had so much fun! As per our family tradition we ate at Goofy's Kitchen in the Disneyland Hotel. Carson was not amused by the characters at dinner. He would scream/cry everytime one came to our table for a visit. Cole's highlight was meeting the real live Peter Pan!

I didn't take nearly as many photos as I usually do, infact I left the "good" camera home and just took my little one with a halfway full memory card (duh). Anyways, it was fun to get away with our cute little family and play and enjoy each other's company.


**Click to view larger**


Edited to add: Cole just said to me, "Mom, remember how we got stuck on Splash Mountain and we had to walk down the secret passageway to get off"? Well, it was only a couple of days ago and I had already forgotton that, so I thought I'd hurry and record it here for posterity's sake. Anyways, what happened is the ride broke down while Alan and Cole were somewhere near the top and so they had all the people walk off the ride and were issued line passes for some other ride in the park (except Nemo, can you believe they excluded that)?

13 comments:

Carin said...

Nicoe it sounds like a blast! I am so glad you were able to get away and enjoy yourself for a few days.

andrea said...

Fun! I am so jealous...we are going through DL withdrawls here. I need to talk Brian into going before the spring break crowds invade. Piper is really shy but she loves the characters...it is so weird. Who is afraid of real people but not big stuffed costumes, LOL?

Cammie said...

Jealous!! What a fun little weekend get away. It looks like you guys had a great time. I would love to go back this year. We should plan a trip together one of these years!!

Kristi said...

What fun pictures! It looks like you guys had such a good time! I love Cole in the huge Chinese Food takeout box.

Dave and Gretchen said...

It looks like a fun trip. I love Cole's big eyes with his Star Wars potato head. I think Carson is cute crying at the characters and eating the sword in the stone. We'll see you soon!

Kristi said...

me = grass green with envy. I am a believer in the Disney magic. (and a believer in corn dogs from the red trolley, but I digress...)

your picture are adorable! You are endlessly fabulous, and your boys look like they are disneyed up! yay you!

Jenson Family said...

Awesome that you got to see Peter Pan! My kids would've LOVED that!

Kara said...

Jealous, too! My kids wanted to go there so badly for their birthdays. Maybe this summer...Looks like you had a super fun time!

Jan Russell said...

So fun! And way cute pictures! We are planning WDW for December, but that's soooooo far away. sob.

April said...

I am so hopping in your suitcase next time you go. Course, I have to figure out how I'm getting to Vegas first. :p

Cammie said...

OMG! Did you see the Cottam's at Disneyland last week? That is so funny. It's such a small blogging world!

Stephanie Anne said...

New posting, please ... How about last weekend's pics???

Lana said...

Everybody's going to DL! I wanna go!