Sunday, February 3, 2008

The Birthday Blues



This photo basically sums up Carson's 1st birthday. On Friday, both boys woke up sick with 102 degree fevers and runny noses. Carson's party was scheduled for Saturday and I was ever hopeful he would feel better by then and that the show must go on. Bad judgement call on my part. The poor little guy was absolutely miserable all day long.

I went with a monkey theme for his first birthday since he is such a little monkey boy.
Party details and highlights:

The invite:


The outfit:


Cupcakes (we also did a banana split bar):


Carson was completely content to be held by Grandma the whole time:


Mommy and the birthday boy! (Gratuitous hairshot, surprise, I got extensions):


Cole was a great big brother helper, he opened all the presents for Carson:


He got two of these cute vacuums, lol!


He really wasn't too happy about eating his cake, he tasted it a little bit and then had total meltdown:

18 comments:

Dave and Gretchen said...

He was the most miserable birthday boy ever, but still the cutest! We'll just have to party again. :)

DaveAly said...

You totally outdid yourself on those cupcakes--they are darling!

Holly Child said...

Awww...poor little bubba!! CUTE party though!! I may have to steal that idea for Alex at the end of this month!! SO stinkin' cute! :o)

Helena said...

Aww, poor little guy. Those cupcakes are great!

Jan Russell said...

He is the CUTEST, even when he's not feeling well - poor little guy! The cupcakes turned out awesome - I am super impressed! And like Holly, I might need to steal your cute idea! You are a hot mama with your hair extensions - you look FABULOUS woman!!!

Cammie said...

You are such a fancy woman. I love your hair! Do you like them, was it hard to get used to? Simply amazing!

Sorry about the sick b-day boy. That's never fun. Can you teach me how to make monkey cupcakes? Seriously! You are hot mother of the year!

andrea said...

So sad but SO CUTE! I love, love that you coordinated his outfit with his party. I love everything you did...the invites and cupcakes turned out amazing. And um hi...more details on the extensions please. so skinny and long flowing locks too? not fair
:0)

Jenson Family said...

What a poor little guy! The cupcakes were gorgeous! You are awesome at stuff like that! LOVE the monkey theme and outfit!

Kristi said...

Oh, poor little Carson!! Connor was sick for his first birthday too and it made me feel so sad! I LOVE the monkey theme- especially those ADORABLE cupcakes!!

And how awesome do those extensions look!! How fun to have instant long hair!!

Heather said...

I have always wanted extensions! I ask about them nearly everytime I get my hair done. I would love to see more pictures of you with them. I'm so jealous!

Kara said...

What a fun birthday theme! Carson is adorable. It's so fun to look back at all the pictures of him growing up. It's no fun to be sick on your b-day. :( Hope he's feeling better. BTW- I am LoViNg your hair! It is so sassy!

Lana said...

Oh, poor thing :( But what a cute 1st birthday....everything down to the outfit!

Helena said...

Hey, have you seen this? http://tinyurl.com/2spt7g

Carin said...

Poor little man! I hope he feels better now.
Your party was adorable! Very creative, and I love your hair.

Heather said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, NIC!

The Frosts said...

Poor little guy. Your bday party was ADORABLE though. Those cupcakes are TDF and love his matching outfit and the invites. He looks so miserable but so cute at the same time. And crap, you look SO good - love the hair!!

Anne said...

You have the most darling boys ever, even when they're sick.

Happy (belated) Birthday to YOU!