Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine Cookies The Lazy Way

Cole really wanted to make Valentine's Day cookies this year and I just wasn't up for it so we settled on the next best thing. (Thank you Nestle's Tollhouse for making pre-rolled, pre-cut heart cookies for lazy Mom's like me! We love you!) After we were done sepearing the cookies and laying them out on the cookie sheet, Cole took the leftover dough, rolled it into a big ball and announced to me that we were going to be baking that as well. Alrighty then. Nothing says Happy Valentine's Day quite like a giant dough ball cookie.

On a side note: We were driving home from the gym today and I asked Cole if he was hungry for lunch and he said yes and that we would like panda bear (Panda Express). Ick! Not my favorite and so I asked him if we could maybe go there another time and just stop somewhere else on our way home. And he say's to me, "Mom, since it's Valentines's Day and you're loving me, can we please go to panda bear"? Well, how can you say no to that. So he got panda bear for lunch and I had a can of soup at home, lol.

9 comments:

Helena said...

Awww. LOL! Yeah, I don't think I could have said no to that.

How did the giant cookie ball turn out? ;)

Jenson Family said...

What a good mommy you are! I wanted to see a picture of the big ball of dough!!! Can't wait to go out with you guys tonight!

Jenson Family said...

Oh wait - now I see the big ball of dough! Durrrr!

Dave and Gretchen said...

Where does he come up with his material??? Those cookies are super duper cute!

Cammie said...

He is hilarious! I did Valentine's cookies the even lazier way. My sister made a batch and gave them to us!

Judy said...

Yep you really can't say no to that! Lately Lexi's thing is to say in the nicest voice, "Mom, will you ____ (sit, eat, play, dance, etc.) with me? It's so sweet that I just have to put away whatever I'm doing.

Carin said...

Cole has your number LOL! Love the cookies mmmm dough ball. :O)

Anonymous said...

Loving the giant cookie ball. Lily would be happy to just eat it raw & cold. ICK!

Oh, happy belated 29th b-day! ;) If it's any consolation you LOOK 29. Well, actually more like 23. It's unfair, honestly.

Your boys are adorable!!!

Anonymous said...

My daughter calls Panda Express Panda Bear too!