Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Spring Break Recap

Last week was Spring Break which meant no pre-school for Cole. We filled our time with lots of fun activities and play dates with our friends and cousins. It was a great week!

Monday (St. Patrick's Day)
A pesky little Leprechan colored our apple juice green. Cole was impressed that it still tasted the same.


Tuesday night was the Matchbox 20 concert (I finally got to cash in my Christmas gift). Alan and I had a great time although we decided we are getting a little old for late night outtings, how sad for us. It was the last night of the concert tour so all of the bands were in rare (and silly) form. It was quite entertaining. They are such an amazing band! Love them! (Thanks Alan! and thanks GG! for watching my boys so we could go out).


Wednesday was Springs Preserve day. We have wanted to visit this place since it opened last spring and we were not disappointed. There was so much to see and do and learn. Cole's favorite's were the train display and the flash flood room. Carson had a ball taking it all in and being able to run around and play. We can't wait to go back and take Daddy with us.


*Click to view larger

Thursday was swimming day! We turned on the pool's heater and the water was an awesome 87 degrees. The kids swam and ate pizza and popsicles and had a great time. I snuck out and went to lunch with a couple of my girlfriends and did a little shopping (My Mom and sister's were at the house, NO I did not leave kids unattended in the pool). It was strange to be out in the daytime without the kids but oh so nice!

Friday Cole woke up excited because Yellow Grandma, Red Pappa and Aunt Angie were coming that day. We busied ourselves with preparations (changing sheets, vacuuming, etc) and waited for their arrival. Cole was so antsy with excitement.

We had a fun time with Alan's parents and sister. We went to dinner at Island's that night (yum) played in the park on Saturday and us girls got pedicures (thank you Susan!) Sunday was Easter and that's a whole 'nother post in itself.

*Click to view larger

We had a great SPRING BREAK and now this Momma is glad that school is back in session!

5 comments:

Jenson Family said...

Thursday lunch was my favorite part... Well, Wednesday was sure fun too.

Kristi said...

Good Grief! You did have a busy, but very fun week. I love matchbox 20! I'm toto jealous you have a pool, no that I would want one in Utah, but in Vegas - definitely!!!

Jan Russell said...

Busy is right! I wondered where you were - glad to know it was off doing so much fun stuff with your family!

Holly Child said...

What an awesome week!! So much fun packed in! And I'm so bitter about your pool day! Grrrr! ;o)

Lana said...

What a fun idea for St. Patrick's Day - I'll have to remember that for next year. A little leprechan left chocolate gold coins outside our girls doors while they were sleeping.