Tuesday, January 22, 2008

A Very Random Post

I know I'm such a slacker at updating this blog lately. I apologize. This weekend we had the flu visit our house. Alan and I both got it Sunday night and felt pretty junky all day Monday and then Monday night Cole got it. So I spent this morning washing sheets and steaming floors. Hopefully little Carson will be exempt.


Friday night I went to Pebbles in my Pocket with some girlfriends and *gasp* I actually scrapbooked! I haven't made a single solitary layout in 2 years. I'm so behind it's scary. I used to really be into scrapbooking and knew all the latest and greatest products, had a couple of publications, worked on a manufacturer's design team and then I just stopped, cold turkey. Anyways, Friday was fun, I got some things accomplished and was motivated by my friends. Thanks girls! Cole tells me all the time that he loves his "memories" and that I need to make Carson some "memories" too. If that's not a reason to continue in this hobby than I don't know what is.


These pages are pretty darn basic but they are done. The bottom layout looks nothing like it did Friday night. Saturday morning I woke up and ripped it apart and totally redid it, lol.

I have been trying to get a picture of Carson's little teeth but it is near impossible. But if you look closely in this picture you can actually see one:

I'm throwing in this picture just because I think it's cute:

And if you are wondering what a 4 year old with the flu does all day then I will tell you, they play Star Wars Lego on the Wii all day long. He is now obsessed with being Boba Fett because he throws bombs and blows things up.

10 comments:

Jan Russell said...

Oh ick - I am so sorry about the flu! Glad you are all feeling better! Those layouts turned out really cute - I am so impressed that you are jumping back in! Carson's little toofer is adorable - he looks like the happiest baby!

Lana said...

Cute post :) And I absolutely love your layouts, as always!

Heather said...

I love your layouts! And I love how simple they are. I'll have to remember that if I make them simpler I can do more and get more done. Anyway...yours are so cute and I love, love, love the colors you used!

Kristi said...

Nicole-you scrapbooked- YEAH!!! Your pages turned out great! So fun to see your work again!!

And how precious that Cole likes to look at his memories!!

Cammie said...

Sorry about the flu infestation. That's never fun. You're layouts look great, you haven't missed a beat. Very classic, and "Nicole" looking. I love your work!

Kara said...

LOVE your pages! I haven't been to PIMP for-e-ver. Mostly because I can't navigate a stroller in that tiny place. Adorable pic of Carson!!!

Anonymous said...

carson is just so cute!!! :) I am so exicted you did two pages - i hope to see more (hint hint)

andrea said...

our boys would get along smashingly. They love the Legos game for the same reason. The pictures of Carson are so cute...love, love his new little tooth. And WTG on scrapbooking...I still haven't started on Hayden's and he will be 5. Sigh...

Holly Child said...

CUTE layouts, Nicole!! I think they are adorable!! Love the simplicity! It's the only way to go sometimes! You did a fabo job!! :o)

The Frosts said...

Super cute layouts! I love the pictures of Carson and his tooth. Sorry that you guys had a stint of the flu - hope everyone is better now.