Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Feeling Blue?


Cole's blue nose and shirt...



Carson being cute...


Cole sure was earlier today.

We started out the day out with some fun kid activities, free movies with some friends, lunch at Wendy's that included drinking straw sword fights, all around good times.

So, after lunch I decided to run into Ross for a quick look around before heading home since it was in the same parking lot as Wendy's. I had both kids in the shopping cart and things were actually not too stressful. When all of a sudden Cole shrieks this horrid shriek, the likes I have never heard before. I look at him and he has blue gushing out of his nose. Seriously, bright blue. I freaked out, I was thinking, "what the heck is wrong with my kid"? That's when he told me he had candy stuck up there. Yes, a blue runt was lodged in his left nostril.

By this time people are staring at us. I'm trying to remain calm but as I try and get this thing out and it's not budging I find myself getting a little hysterical. I call Alan and he says he is rushing over. Phew! I get some tissues and plug the good nostril and make him blow and blow and blow until I can see this thing appear in plain sight. Then I grab the Disneyland Hotel pen from my purse and begin to work this candy outta there. Success! By the time Daddy arrived all was well except for the blue stain around his nose and down the front of his shirt.

I'm hoping that this is the last time he ever thinks about stuffing something up his nose.

Never a dull moment when you have boys.

8 comments:

Jenson Family said...

I need to admit something... Maybe it will make you feel better, maybe it will make me look like an idiot... Oh well - here we go. When I was a kid, I did the same thing! Only with a cherry pit! I was at preschool and the nurse had to call my mom. My mom was sooo mad that she had to leave work and help get the pit out of my nose! Oh, and by the way - the cherry pit wasn't mine - I'd found it on the ground... YUCK!

Jenson Family said...

Oh, and you never said how Ross was????? And, by the way, I have horror stories from that particular store too... We've gotta talk.

Jan Russell said...

Omigoodness, did any sympathetic shoppers come over to help with the runt extraction? lol.lol.lol - I am SO sorry, I think this is like a rite of childhood though. ANd I'm sure just for my above laughter, one of my boys will try this trick soon. I'm just glad you got it out without a trip to the ER, hugs to you and your little boy blue.

andrea said...

Skylar once stuck a kernal of corn in his nose...I found it in there about three days later. I was like, "didn't it bug you?"...but being the boy he is, he claims he didn't really notice, LOL.

He looks good in blue though...love little boys. Always good for an adventure :0)

Anonymous said...

That definitely upstages the Tigger tail in Ashley's ear. I love Coley--I mean Cole and Carson!!!

Kara said...

You are so right- never a dull moment with boys, but I love em! Funny story! Glad that everything turned out ok...and that you got some cute shoes. :)

April said...

lol Nicole! I'm glad you got it out okay. Boys are such fun, and yours are so cute. :)

The shoes you scored were cute too.

Cammie said...

As if shopping with kids wasn't stressful enough. Not to mention having to perform minor surgery in a Ross. You go girl!