Friday, May 15, 2009

Mountain's Edge Hoedown

My parents and sister live in a community called Mountain's Edge and every year they have a big western shindig in the park. We decided to take the boys over to it this year and in true Cole fashion he dressed the part. I love that kid! When we first walked in there were some actors performing a wild west shoot-out type show. When Cole saw this his chin about hit the ground. He couldn't believe there were real live cowboys there. So afterwards he posed with these cowboys by their real life stage coach.

Cole climbed the rock wall and made it all the way to the top! Way to go!

He also panned for gold...



I rode a mechanical bull! What a blast!

My graceful landing...

Carson rode a little tiny Carson-sized horse...

And when it was time to get off he had a full blown 2 year old tantrum. Of course! We wouldn't expect anything less.

It was a fun time, one Cole still talks about. I'm sure we will go back next year, especially since I'm dying to get back up on that bull, lol!

9 comments:

Jenson Family said...

You rocked that bull! How fun. Cole is cute standing by the cowboys!

Cammie said...

Thank you! I've been wondering about the mechanical bull ever since you posted on FB about it! That looks like a rockin' neighborhood party!

Kristi said...

Awesome! That looks very fun. Your hair is so long!

Helena said...

Oh, how fun! That would be a blast.

andrea said...

I looooove the mechanical bull. The pictures of you are so funny. You are sooooo tiny and adorable. I don't know whether to love or hate you. :0)

Jan Russell said...

Yay! I'm glad you are back to your blog! What a FUN community day! I love the bull riding (and dismount - ha!) pictures!

Kara said...

I love that you rode the mechanical bull. What a woman! That party looked like it was so much fun. I am sure the boys were in heaven!

KJenx said...

Looks like so much fun! I can relate to the tantrum, Lewis can hang on to his fit for a good hour and aren't we proud of our big boy?! But aren't little boys just so much fun most of the time!

The Frosts said...

You rode a bull! That is awesome. I've always wanted to try it. Cole is the cutest cowboy! I love that your boys loved it so much!