Thursday, March 12, 2009

Revenge of the Juicy Cough

Poor Coley!
He has always been plagued with cough attacks ever since he was a tiny baby. Anytime he catches a cold or has allergies it goes straight to his chest. He named it his "juicy cough". Yesterday as I was loading the kids in the car to run Cole to school I had noticed his juicy cough sounded worse than usual. Trusting my mommy intuition I scheduled him an appointment with the pediatrician. That afternoon we learned his Oxygen levels were on the low side and he had a lot of wheezing in his chest. The Dr. immediately got him doing a breathing treatment in the office and then prescribed a machine for us to take home so that we could continue these treatments every four hours for the next week or so. Cole was really really scared of the machine and the funny mask. But he was really brave and now with four treatments under his belt he is an old pro.
A bad side effect of this med is that it makes him super hyper! Yikes! My sister suggested I strap the mask on and take a hit so I can keep up; if you can't beat 'em join 'em. But don't worry I won't...

7 comments:

Cammie said...

So sad. His eyes say it all in that pic. I hope you gets better soon, and that he returns to a "normal" version of hyper!!

Cammie said...

that's "I hope HE gets better soon" But I hope YOU get better too!! Love ya!

Michelle Smith said...

Poor sweet little guy!!! What a brave boy Coley!!! We LOVE you and hope you get better really really soon!!!

Dave and Gretchen said...

Such a sad picture! I hope you get feeling better soon, Coley!

Kristi said...

"juicy" cough! sounds horrible! Thank goodness for your Mommy intuition - hope he feels 100% again, asap.

KJenx said...

don't you love the Dino mask to make it more fun for the kids? my nephew has one and his parents have finally just bought their own machine since he gets the breathing treatments 2 times a year! fun times!

Jan Russell said...

Poor guy, he looks so sad! Glad you trusted your gut and got him checked out - hope he feels better quickly!!!