Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Vampires Have More Fun

Warning: Lots of photos ahead, proceed with caution!

Last Friday night was the much anticipated release of Breaking Dawn, the 4th and final installment in the Twilight series. Most of the bookstores in the area were having release parties and my girlfriends and I decided to dress up in our finest prom attire and celebrate with the rest of the Twilight obsessed fans.

Before heading out for the night we met up at Leslie's house for photos. Her hubby was a good sport and humored our silliness (notice the fangs) by acting as our photographer.

L to R: Leslie, Me, Alyson, Lana, Judy, Kim




We headed over to Claim Jumper for appetizers and then walked to Barnes and Noble where we met up with my sister, nieces and cousin. Apparently there are far more crazy Twilight fans than us. We grabbed a few for this photo.

L to R: Gretchen (my sis), Jen (my cousin), Morgan, Ashley and Me







We made our way over to Wal-mart around 11:30 to get in line to pick up our copies of the book. Of course we had to stop for big diet cokes on the way, lol.

We secured our copies of the book and then headed home.

It was such a fun night. Thanks girls!

12 comments:

Dave and Gretchen said...

It was fun! It made me vant to suck your blood! I still think you hurt somebody in that dress fer real! (Wow, I've got overworked deleriousness!)

The Frosts said...

You guys are awesome. I love that you went AND dressed up. I still haven't gotten my book from Amazon and I'm seriously bitter. Grrrr... I wanted to go to a release party but all my friends were away at girls camp!

Jan Russell said...

Yes, I did notice the fangs - lol. You all are too adorable! What a FUN, FUN girls night out - that shot with the apples is the best!

Jenson Family said...

That was seriously fun! LOVED that night! We are dorks!

Holly Child said...

Nicole -- You look so cute!!! What a fun night!! :o)

andrea said...

you are THE cutest ever. ever.

Kristi said...

How festive are you? You look fabulous! I'm curious what you thought about the book...

Judy said...

It was really fun, and now I'm sucked into the book! i finally bought it at Costco on Monday. Cant' wait to finish and discuss with everyone!

Anonymous said...

how fun!!! I'm a little jealous. lol I just went to costco and picked it up all alone.

Cammie said...

You are hilarious! My guess is you've already finished the book by now!!

Kara said...

You are so cute! I love that you got all dressed up for the occasion! Yea, what did you think about the book?

Cammie said...

p.s. you get hotter by the day! damn girl, love the dress!