Monday, August 25, 2008

First Day of Kindergarten

Today was Cole's first day of school. He chose french toast for his special 1st day breakfast.

Then he got dressed in his spiffy new uniform and let me take a few photos.

Cute little Carson sat at Cole's feet while I took pics. He will miss his big brother while he is away at school.

When it was time to go Cole grabbed his new Ironman backpack,

And climbed in the car.

He looked so grown-up walking up to the school.

We stopped for a quick photo in front of the building.

Then we headed inside to find his room assignment.

He was so excited to see friends from his Pre-K class and even more excited to find out that they were all in his Kindergarten class.

The boys and I right before Cole headed inside his new classroom.

We met his teachers, found his cubby, he hung up his backpack and looked for his table. And then Carson and I left him there hoping his first day of Kindergarten would be great.

After school when I picked him up he seemed to have had a great day. Then later he told me he didn't want to go back tomorrow. When I asked why he told me that there might be a fire drill and that scares him, so hopefully tomorrow will be ok.

15 comments:

andrea said...

nuh uh. A school where kindergarteners wear ties??? That is like my dream come true. What do the girls wear? Cole looks so handsome and grown up. Good luck momma!

Lana said...

What a handsome, well-behaved little man! I can't believe he's in Kindergarten!

Judy said...

Yep, Cole is too cute all dressed up like that! Glad the first day went well and can't wait to see pics from your trip!

Jan Russell said...

Love the preppy pint sized uniforms - what a handsome boy on his big 1st day of school! Does he watch Arthur on PBS - DW was afraid of fire drills too - I hope it's no big deal for him today! Is he full day or half day?

J said...

Ahhhhh - he is so cute! Time sure flies - I'm sorta dreading that whole school think next year.

Cammie said...

He is so handsome. I love the tie, he looks so ready to learn! Hopefully there are no fire drills that may scare him. LOL.

Did you guys have a good trip?

Anonymous said...

Great job Coley!!! You are the most handsome one there!-Michelle

The Frosts said...

How cute is he? He DOES look so grown up and I love the uniform! I wish the schools here did them. I hope he has a better 2nd day today (2 weeks and counting and C still hates it)

Kristi said...

Are you kidding me?! The little ties? Good grief! I can't even stand how cute he is. Hope it was a fun day for him. :)

April said...

Aw such cuteness. :) Hope day 2 was ok too. :)

Holly Child said...

Ahhh...what a CUTE boy!! He does look so grown up! And cute little Carson at his feet...sad that big brother is leaving!! :o(

Kristi said...

Oh my goodness, what a cutie! That tie is TDF cute on him! How did day 2 go?

Dave and Gretchen said...

Oh my holy cuteness! We are so proud of you, Cole!!! Definitely the cutest and the goodest.

MamaBug said...

Ahhh!! So cute. BTW...check your peamail. ;)

Kara said...

What a spiffy little uniform. I love it! Shaylee was traumatized by the fire drill, too.