Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Our Fourth of July in Photos


This year we celebrated the 4th with all of the traditional hoopla. My parents and sister live in the same cul de sac so we designated their homes as party central. We barbecued and stuffed ourselves sick at my folks' house and then headed down the street for swimming at Michelle and Dave's. Of course we topped off the night with safe and sane fireworks in the street. The boys were wiped out by the time we loaded them in the car to head home, I think they were asleep before we pulled out of the subdivision. Everyone had a great time. It was fun to spend time together as a family and enjoy good food, laughter and celebrate Independence Day.

8 comments:

andrea said...

You have beatuiful boys. They look like they are such good boys too. Cute pics!

Dave and Gretchen said...

It was a great piggy-fest! (I look like I ate everything in that picture.) Noticably absent from the photo collage were the trampoline pictures. We're so bizarre! I really missed the remote-control trucks this year, though. :)

Kristi said...

Isn't it great when you get family & friends in the same people. :) Your 4th sounds fabulous. I am LOL at your "safe & sane" fireworks comment.

BTW, you know I'll eat a DL corndog for you, or two, or three... ;)

Dr. Kathy said...

It is such fun to keep up with the family through your blogs. I spent the 4th in Boston, but it rained all morning, so we watched the Pops on TV and the fireworks (on the Charles River) through James' apartment window. Camping on wet, rainy ground and using porta-potties for 24 hours just to get a space to stand on the Esplanade is not my cup of herb tea.

Jenson Family said...

Happy 4th! Looks like tons of fun!

Jan Russell said...

Look at those blondies! Does the sun make their hair even lighter - I love it! The picture of Carson splashing is pure love! I'm glad you had a fun fourth with your cute family!

Holly Child said...

Love all the pics! Glad you had such a fun 4th! :o)

The Frosts said...

What a GREAT 4th you guys had! My favorite is the picture of Carson with the popsicle! How cute. Your boys are the cutest!