Thursday, July 31, 2008

Choo-Choooo!

Saturday I hosted my sister's baby shower at our home and Alan's assignment was to take the boys out and keep them entertained. First he took the boys to lunch at Panda Express which is hands down Cole's most favorite place to eat. Then they headed over to Toys R Us and that is where Daddy earned himself the honor of being "The Best Daddy in the Whole Wide World" as Cole told me later that day. The boys got a new Geo Trax set to add to the overwhelming collection we already possess. This set is Grand Central Station and part of the new line-up. To go along with the train theme Cole got a new dress up ensemble. It's been nice to see him running around the house in something other than pirate gear the last few days. Carson is also big into the train action, he loves to watch the engines go 'round and 'round the tracks and he says "Choo-choooo" as they pass by him.

My cute little engineer...
Demonstrating the train whistle (it sounds fairly realistic)...
Grand Central Station...
ALL ABOARD!
*Thanks Alan for being "The Best Daddy" and for helping out during the shower!

4 comments:

Jan Russell said...

Cole is a total CUTIE - I almost didn't recognize him without a sword ;-) We have that dress-up and the mailman version too - so fun! I love that our boys can have a bin of costumes, too! Lucky boys to have such a GREAT DAD!

Kristi said...

How cute is Cole? Trains & boys - the perfect combination. Hope the shower was a success! BTW, your paint color behind Cole is very fun!

Anonymous said...

Cole totally needed a new train set. Poor little guy has no toys!!

Cammie said...

My goodness! What a great daddy, and cute engineer.

Which reminds me of the time we went to a USU engineering studnet exhibit (in Castle Dale 1993ish), when a man from the university asked my dad if he had ever thought about going into engineering my dad replied, "No, I don't really want to drive a train." He did it with a totally serious face, and the man from USU's engineering dept. had nothing to say. I can't even see a train set up and not think about that random event.