Friday, November 16, 2007

Ready or Not The Holiday Season Is Upon Us

Yesterday we went on an excursion to the Galleria Mall in Henderson to check out the grand opening of my BIL's new food court restaurant called Salad Creations. Yum! I'm a salad addict so this was my kind of place.

After we ate we walked around the mall checking out the Christmas decorations, that's right, I said Christmas decorations. Hello, we haven't even celebrated Thanksgiving yet! And as we rounded the corner I saw that Santa Claus had already arrived as well. It seems when I was a child Santa's arrival was the day after Thanksgiving. I'm thinking everything this year is feeling way too rushed! I'm not ready! Slow down! Can't we at least digest our Thanksgiving turkey before hearing Christmas carols in the stores?

This is not the mall Santa, this is Alan playing Santa for my sister's ward's primary party a couple of Christmases ago. But I can't talk about Santa without posting a picture, right?

Anyways, there will be no "what I'm getting the kids for Christmas" posts from me until after Thanksgiving. Mainly because I have no idea what I'm getting the kids, or my husband or anyone for that matter. Yikes! Should I panic yet? Hmmm, I don't think so...

6 comments:

Jan Russell said...

Lol! Though I've given it lots of thought, I haven't really started my Christmas shopping yet either. I know we'll both be okay leaving it until the first week of December ;-)

Helena said...

Kate has been getting excited about the Christmas stuff in the stores. She calls Santa hats "Christmas hats."

That's a cute turkey. With one eye.

The Frosts said...

Please pass me a dose of your calm. I am SO freaked out about how unprepared I feel for the holidays this year. Maybe I should stop worrying so much.

MarilynH said...

Hey you :)
Thanks for leaving comments on my blog. I would like to email you back but I don't seem to have your email address anymore. Don't know why....
:)

Ashley said...

I couldn't agree more. Seriously think it is much too early for all the Christmas stuff. And I can't believe Thanksgiving is this week. Unbelievable.

Misha said...

Thanks for the plug!!