Friday, July 24, 2009

Cano, Cano, Cano!





Earlier this summer Cole picked out a new book all about volcanoes. Well, Carson ended up loving the book and talking about "canos" all the time. We showed them clips of erupting volcanoes on YouTube and Carson would beg to watch them over and over saying, "again cano, again cano". I remembered seeing a volcano kit at Michael's and Alan and I decided to get it for the boys. They were super excited! After having to wait a few days for the plaster to dry, Cole and I painted it and then when Daddy came home from work we went out back and erupted it. Oh my gosh! The boys were so giddy with anticipation, they squealed when it started to bubble up. Good times! We probably erupted the thing about 20 times and it never got old. But then the vinegar ran out and the fun times ended. It was a fun family evening! We played with the volcano a few more times but sadly it just didn't hold up to the pressure and the bottom burst out and we had to toss it in the trash and bid it farewell.

4 comments:

Jenson Family said...

How cute that is! Freakin' Carson cracks me up! I think Cole looks like Alan in that first shot... I always see Alan in Carson, but not usually Cole as much. So fun!

MamaBug said...

What fun! I'm sorry the volcano collapsed. What a fun learning experience for the boys.

Jan Russell said...

Oh you are GOOD! How fun to buy them their own volcano and erupt it multiple times! They are very cute with their "cano"

Cammie said...

Now that, my friend, is a serious project. I'm impressed!