Wednesday, June 17, 2009

What's Keeping Us Busy So Far This Summer

So, I thought I would share some of the fun things we have been doing so far this summer in hopes that you will share your brilliant ideas with me...



*I found this idea on a blog to turn your salad spinner into a spin art machine. Simple and fun! You just cut a circle to fit the bottom of the spinner's basket. Squeeze in some paint, replace the lid and spin, spin, spin. We have these lovely beauties hanging all over the place.
*this photo is from blog whose website I didn't bookmark, sorry.



*We love these and they are cheap! $1 at Michael's.



*Cole is such a great reader and I don't want his skills to slide this summer so we are definitely emphasizing reading at our house this summer. We have discovered The Magic Treehouse series. So far we have read one about pirates and one about the Titanic.


*Cole got Martian Matter for his birthday and surprise! I like it too. We have had fun creating little Martians and dissecting them as well.


*These Crayola window markers have already provided the boys with hours of entertainment. I have them color allover the sliding glass doors while I make dinner. It looks messy but washes off fairly easily with windex and paper towels.

*
Of course we have been doing lots of swimming and bike riding too!

6 comments:

Jenson Family said...

Wow - you're way ahead of me, sis! How fun! Thanks for the ideas! :)

Kristi said...

fun finds! Lily loves perler beads too - I'm constantly ironing her latest creations. Those window markers looks awesome, I'll bet Lily would love those. tfs!

if I get inspired on fun ideas for you, I'll be back. :)

Dave and Gretchen said...

You are the most fun! Those martians are seriously fun to make!!!

Jan Russell said...

We got Harrison the Martain Maker for Christmas, and I was shocked at how simple and NOT messy it is -yay! On the other hand, I keep our spin art machine high on the shelf and hope no one remembers we own it (hanging my head in shame) You are such a fun mom!

A cute book series we recently discovered is Roscoe Riley Rules - not so much educational, but really entertaining!

Hilary said...

wow! What fun activities! If I were you I'd just be a pool lounger/diet coke drinker! ;0)

Anonymous said...

Not going to lie, the Martian Matter made me laugh out loud. ha ha you are such a cute mom! You need to get a girl in that bunch ;) Oh yeah, I forget, our side is in charge of producing girls and your side is the boy makers! HAHAHAHA