Sunday, May 11, 2008

My Grandpa My Hero



On Thursday May 8, 2008 my sweet Grandpa passed away. I am so grateful for my testimony of forever families and know that he is now on the other side looking down on me and my family. He was always my number one fan and supported me in all of my endeavors. He had a way of making everyone around him feel loved and important. He lived an amazing life, there was literally nothing he didn't do. He flew b-17 bombers in WWII, had a singing career on the Las Vegas strip, worked as a hotel exec, had his own production company, worked in the temple and the list goes on and on. But most importantly he loved his family unconditionally and was strong in his faith. He took his role as family patriarch seriously and there was nothing he wouldn't do for any of his kids, grandkids, great grandkids and great-great grandkids. His legacy will live on! I am so blessed to have had him in my life for 36 years and I am grateful that he got to know my husband and my children, I know they love him and will miss him too.
There is so much more I want to say but my heart is too heavy to get the words out.
I love you Grandpa!

10 comments:

Dave and Gretchen said...

We certainly are lucky that he's OUR grandpa! We love him so much!

Jan Russell said...

Big hugs, Nicole - it is so hard to lose a grandparent. I'm glad you have these recent, special photos of him with your family - they are a treasure!

Jenson Family said...

What a sweet post, Nicole. I am sooo sorry. That is sooo rough. He sounds like an amazing man and a wonderful Grampa.

The Frosts said...

I'm so sorry about your grandpa. What an amazing tribute to him. How lucky that he got to know your boys so well. It is a blessing to know of eternal families! Big hugs!

April said...

Great big hugs Nicole.

Cammie said...

It was so nice to talk to you the other day about our grandparents. Who knew the end would be so near for both of them.

I know exactly what you are going through, and am so grateful to have a friend like you. I hope your mom is doing well, please know that you are your family are in my prayers.

Love you!

Holly Child said...

Oh Nicole, I'm so sorry for your loss. But you're right, your testimony will help you in knowing that you will see him again someday. Hugs to you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Nicole...give my love and condolences to your whole family! I'm so sad to hear this.

MamaBug said...

I'm so sorry you have "lost" such a wonderful man in your life. Isn't it such a blessing to know that you can see him again! Big, big, hugs!

Kristi said...

I'm sorry Nicole. So hard. How nice that he was so loved. :)