Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Best Birthday Gift Ever

...or why Alan Freer is a genius!

For my bday this year Alan surprised me by flying one of my bestest best friends out for a visit. Cammie and I met years ago working at the U of U and have remained close even though many states now separate us.
Cammie flew in on Friday morning (March 12th). It was so great to see her! The weekend flew by way too fast and before I knew it, it was was Sunday and I had to drive her back to the airport.

We ran a really fun 5K at Lake Mead that took us through old raliroad tunnels used during the construction of Hoover Dam.
Steph, me and Cammie with our cool medals post race.
This is what happens when you get a little slap happy from exhaustion. Delirious! We named it "Yogurt-drunk" since we just put down some big bowls of Yogurtland.
Trying to get a more refined photo before heading out to church proved difficult since someone (me) could NOT keep their eyes open.
For a more entertaining recap and additional photos from this weekend I encourage you to visit http://www.wildmeowzers.blogspot.com/
Thanks for coming out Cam! It was the best! See you soon! And thanks Alan for such a fun birthday surprise!

3 comments:

Cammie said...

I cannot thank you enough for the wonderful weekend! I think it was a better present for me than it was for you! I can't wait for JULY!

Dave and Gretchen said...

That Alan Freer keeps upstaging all the husbands!! What a great gift. Glad you both had fun!!

Kristi said...

Nothing better than a good friend.... what a fun way to celebrate your Birthday! I'm impressed with your mad running skills too. You must have the fountain of youth in your backyard, because you look younger with every passing year. Happy Birthday, cute girl!