Tuesday, August 4, 2009

We Love To See The Temple

Photobucket


Last week me and the boys, my sister and her girls took a little trip up to Salt Lake City. We were privileged to get tickets to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple open house (pronounced "oaker"). What a special experience it was to tour the temple and teach our kids about the sacred nature of temples. They really enjoyed seeing it on the inside and asking questions. What a gorgeous building this temple is, I am so grateful for such a wonderful opportunity. The next day was the last day of the open house and then it was being closed to the public, cleaned and prepared to be dedicated to the Lord.

6 comments:

Cammie said...

That is so great that you guys were able to make the trip to Utah. I must say, it was a little bitter sweet being back there...but a great experience nonetheless!

Jenson Family said...

Wasn't it pretty? What an amazing experience that was!

MamaBug said...

Aw man! Wish I'd known you were in town. But, I suppose you were busy with family. We were at the Open House on Saturday, the last day. It's it beautiful?!

Kristi said...

Lovely temple... Glad you were able to fit it in while you were here. :)

Jan Russell said...

So beautiful! The LDS temples are breathtaking! I love the picture of you and Cole!

Kara said...

Gorgeous! I love that first pic...did you take it? What a great experience for your family.