Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Happy Birthday

Today would be my Grandpa's 87th birthday. We lost our sweet Grandpa last May after a long, brave fight with cancer and today was the first birthday since his passing. Last year we had a big birthday bash in St. George, he always loved a good party! As I remember and reminisce today, I am filled with love and gratitude for the wonderful man who was a part of my life for 36 years.
I LOVE YOU GRANDPA!


Cole presenting his Great-Grandpa Barney with a painting of a rainbow he made for him in preschool at his 86th birthday party one year ago.

6 comments:

KJenx said...

It's so nice to have such great memories!

Jenson Family said...

What great memories you have! My gramma was just talking about celebrating my late grandfather's birthday next week...

Cammie said...

A great man and great memories!

Kristi said...

I know you are missing your sweet grandpa. He must have been amazing. It's so hard... My Grandpa has been gone over 5 years now, and I still miss him every day.

I will try to think of some book suggestions and drop you an e-mail... I'm blanking right now, but I'll think about it. :)

Michelle Smith said...

Coley was so sweet with grandpa that day!!! What a great little boy and a GREST great grandpa!!! He loved that cute painting he made.

Dave and Gretchen said...

Agree with Misha!!! Very sweet memory.